Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Talking about Black Colleges on Black radio



Had a great time this morning at WBOK radio with host Warren Bell as the 3 New Orleans HBCU leaders chopped it up discussing our schools, college choices for students, politics, financing college, etc. I hung out with the Chancellor of SUNO, Dr. Victor Ukpolo, and the president of Xavier, Dr. Reynold Verret. We were just together yesterday for another meeting, and we are all in the same athletic conference as well.

Would be great if we did this quarterly- I enjoyed it.

One of the things that I think is unique about New Orleans is that we have our own HBCU center with Dillard, Xavier and SUNO. While not in the same proximity as the AUC in my hometown, we are all about 10 minutes from each other. So having these 3 schools in this city I think is a plus for us. And we all have different strengths which I believe benefit the city.

The Prez