Monday, February 3, 2014

HBCU leadership and social transfomation

 
 
I am glad to share information about a new book on HBCUs and social transformation. The foreward is actually written by Dr. Samuel DuBois Cook, former Dillard president. The first section looks at some of the iconic presidents: Benjamin Mays, Mary McLeod Bethune, & James Shepard.


And I am most excited about chapter four which is a case study of Philander Smith College. This chapter tells about the work our advancement team did with social media. So while I am part of the focus, a lot of the background was provided by Dr. Shannon Fleming, Sericia Cole, and Reginald Hammeth, all who worked in advancement at PSC (we had a great team).

So I hope you'll check out this book. Chapters 5 & 6 deal with access and civic engagement. I think you'll find this a useful volume.

The Prez